NEW ANTI-CHEAT We have added anti-tamper security methods and have taken actions to significantly reduce in-game cheating and exploits. This added level of protection will continue to strengthen over time. We recommend that any users experiencing issues disable third-party software while playing; in particular, any software that attempts to integrate with our game by creating overlays or performs keyboard or mouse automations. Some GPU “tuning applications such as Riva Tuner or MSI AfterBurner may cause compatibility issues. If you experience gameplay issues, please disable these applications while playing. Test Signing is not supported. The game will not launch if Test Signing is enabled.
With the new Anti-cheat that has been added to Quake Champions the game has implemented measures of security that limit what you can or have installed to be able to play the game. This guide should help you be able to find these incompatibilities and get you back into the game.
Step one: What are you running? Step two: Remove drivers or Change settings on Utilities.
Compatibility Test #
This tool will help you figure out what is causing you to crash. Download and run to find your issue. Windows may give you a warning when you run this file as it is checking many things that are running on your pc.
To see what you are currently running you need to open up your Windows processes by opening the Task Manager. (If you are not running Windows that would be your issue, Linux is no longer able to run the game.)
*If you see InterAccel, Interception, or Interceptor dll you will need to take these steps to remove it:
To uninstall the interceptor.dll, you need to run the uninstaller that came provided with its source application. You could have just deleted this application previously and not have it anymore. You must run the uninstaller to completely remove the dll file.
1) Run “Add or Remove Programs”
2) Search for Interceptor, Interception, or InterAccel
3) Select the found app, click Uninstall
If you cannot locate Interceptor via Add or Remove Programs, you can follow the below steps to download the Interception installer and use it’s uninstall option. (Walkthrough here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1wuQln99lQVBU9L8_QbpifrarpJ1xjPuKsKD2FY026Hc/edit#heading=h.ko5sphn2ewx4)
1) Download Interception.zip from https://github.com/oblitum/Interception/releases/tag/v1.0.1
2) Extract Interception.zip
3) Run cmd.exe as administrator, navigate to the “Interception/command line installer” directory
4) Run “install-interception.exe /uninstall”
*If you see logioverlay.exe running then you need to close that utility application before launching Quake Champions. DO NOT RUN WHILE QUAKE CHAMPIONS IS OPEN.
*If you have Rivatuner installed you will need to turn the option: Application Detection Level down to low. If Rivatuner is running and you are still getting crashes on low, you may try to close it completely to see if the problem is caused by this application.
*Obviously any cheats downloaded need to be removed from your pc as they will disrupt Quake Champions from running.
Verify Game Files or Re-install Game #
Some users have found that their game files did not update properly with the patch and that a re-install fixes their issues. IF you have found no problems with what you are concurrently running, recommend trying a re-install of the game.
Make sure your drivers and OS are up to date #
*Updating your GPU driver has also been a fix to some users.
*Windows 7 ultimate 64 users have found that if they did not have the latest updates or missed some their games crash.
- Reported solution: If not installed – download KB4474419 (53.3 MB) and KB4490628 (9.1 MB) for Win7 x64 from https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Home.aspx These updates will help the Windows 7 operating system to recognize SHA2 certificates, which are used by Nvidia for any driver installer after January 2020
Then download the latest drivers (471.11 from 22nd of June 2021) and you might be fine. (not 100% guaranteed) https://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us I installed ONLY the drivers, NO GeForce experience, NO HD Audio Driver and NO physx.
Program Compatibility Issues #
X-split Broadcaster cannot be runnning at the same time as Quake Champions
Afterburner can cause issues while running at the same time as Quake Champions
Reports of the tool “Sound Capture” from Elgato will crash down on start with black screen, until its closed since the February Mid-Winter update.
- *Kaspersky: Adding QuakeChampions.exe to trusted programs in Kaspersky too work! Settings > exceptions > trusted programs > add > QuakeChampions.exe > mark “do not control the activity of child programs”
- *Windows Defender: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/add-an-exclusion-to-windows-security-811816c0-4dfd-af4a-47e4-c301afe13b26
- *Windows Realtime: Virus & threat protection -> Manage Settings -> Add or remove exclusions
- *BitDefender: Add it as an exception by going to Protection-> Antivirus -> Settings -> Manage Exceptions, add the executable QuakeChampions.exe
- *Make sure whatever Anti-virus you use to add Quake Champions as an exception.