Good Morning Quakers. Our newest PTS update is live with plenty of changes for us to test out. Capture the Flag Tourney mode is being added again for testing!, Midair map knockback has been fixed, many Champion specific changes, Unholy Trinity is receiving some reworks, Store is being reworked to have more offerings with lower permanent prices, and lastly a nice Valentine’s Day Themed crossbow is being added. All of this is expected to be pushed to the main game as a midseason update next month in February.
For those unaware Capture the Flag Tourney mode is a more competitive version of Capture the flag with slightly different rules :
- Each team can only select one Champion per team, and once selected you are locked into that Champion for the duration of the game.
- Weapons are on a delayed respawn.
- Player Respawn delay is increased.
- New Valentine’s Day Crossbow
- Fixed Midair map knockback
- Athena: Fixed ability HUD
- Eisen: Only regen up to 50 ap
- Galena: Fixed inactive totems clearing debuffs
- Scalebearer: Bull Rush damage reduction improved from 50 to 60%
- Scalebearer: Forward accel max speed increased from 425 to 450 ups
- SG: Fixed a prediction issue that would cause a client-side hit to show (in the form of blood impacts) without server-side damage being validated (Fix = buff)
- SG: Falloff distance reduced from 9.6 to 6.4m (384 to 256 u) (Nerf to counter the buff)
- RG: Starting ammo 5 to 7, max 10 to 15
- UHT: Once again spawn Health and Armor pickups
- UHT: Spawn players with starting HP instead of over max health and max AP instead of overmax armor.
- UHT: Added damage bonus scoring system (+1 point for every 100 damage dealt)
- UHT: Scorelimit increased to 200
- UHT: Regen passives disabled
- UHT: Dot passives disabled
- SAC: Reduced the world collision radius of the soul
- SAC: Increased the player collision radius of the soul
- Added CTF Tourney to Custom Game
- CA: New & improved bot logic support — they will no longer stand still or stop fighting
- Champion platinum price reduced from 400 to 250; shard price increased from 10 to 25
- Weapon platinum price reduced from 1000 to 500; shard price reduced from 500 to 250
- Vanity item platinum price reduced from 500 to 250
- XP Booster platinum price reduced from 300 to 250; shard price increased from 200 to 250, but extended from 3 days to 7 days
- Rename service platinum price reduced from 1000 to 500
- Holiday items are now available year round
- Fixed missing shard offer for Scalebearer’s Military Issue Guard vanity
- Shortened length of explosions from 5-6 seconds to 3 seconds in length
- Fixed nvidia outdated driver issue in Linux
- Disabled in-game lore drops (available in Champion progression)
- Anti-cheat updates
- Updated encryption cert
- Skill Rank Reset
- Added Ranked Event with up to 800 Platinum
The PTS is a Public Test Server that many games come with. It is completely optional to be part of the PTS, and does require an additional download to take part of. The purpose of the PTS for us as Quake players is it allows us to preview upcoming skins, arenas, and gameplay changes in general before they are added to the Live Game servers. It also doubles as bug testing. In fact all bugs, or issues in the PTS should be put in the official discord in the “public-test-server” channel. If you can you should try and find a buddy to test with. Two heads are better than one. You can find people to party with in the “party-finder” channel.
If you want to access, or rather download the PTS you can do this on the Steam client quite easily. In the Quake Champions Steam store right about the play game is the text box about the the Pubic Test Server. Just to note though like other PTS downloads you are usually downloading the entire game plus the new additions, or changes. The PTS download for Quake Champions is currently just over 30 Gigabytes. Keep that in mind if you want to participate. Things that you accomplish in the PTS version DO NOT transfer over to the main game. That said you can also demo stuff in the PTS that you may not own yet in the main game.
Lastly, the PTS is not a representation of what will hit the Live servers at any time. As the values can be changed | reverted, or removed at any point during the PTS update period.
*When first launching the PTS your game may “compile” for a few minutes. Do not worry as this is completely normal.
In Steam just type “quake” in any way in your library search tab, and “Quake Champions PTS” will appear in the games folder below the search bar.
HAPPY FRAGGING FOLKS, AND WE SHALL SEE EACHOTHER IN THE ARENAS.