Season 13 Week 7 Challenges Live in #QuakeChampions
Hello, and good evening Quakers! Season 13 is in full swing with Week 7 of our weekly challenges. We have also received a couple updates to the Public Test Server (PTS) recently. This may come as a "HARDENING" patch like we have had in previous seasons, but nothing official yet. Patch Notes will be at the bottom. In any case the 25TH Anniversary Banners are going to be removed (so, take your screenshots now), Bots are getting smarter, and multiple maps are getting small changes.
If you are not already familiar Quake Champions has 4 Seasons a year that also correspond with the Battlepass. Meaning we have 4 10 to 12 week long Battlepasses a year. Note the right side of the BP does not open up until you buy the BP. 55 DAYS REMAIN FOR SEASON 13.
Bethesda Blog with Season 13 Patch Notes: quake.bethesda.net/en/news/3dRqyUll7wVetJ8ua2cPA8
Official QUAKE twitter: twitter.com/quake Quake Series News | Quake Pro League
The Czech Quake Community has made us a BattlePass Challenges Tracker over on their website: www.quake.pub Also check out their Tournament Calendar on the Right of their page, Live twitter feed on left, and newly added interviews in the center. The Quake Pub also shows Streamers for our community, and a Tournament Calendar that it is current.
BATTLEPASS CHALLANGES TRACKER: challenges.quake.pub
The Tracker works for mobile devices, and can be filtered with these 4 categories, or a combination; Live | Awaiting Challenges, Free BP | Paid BP, Game-Modes, or finally Weapon used. In order to track your own challenges you will need to make an account with the website at the top right corner of their website. Once your account is verified you just have to click on the challenges you have completed.
This is a wonderful tool as we progress further through the weeks it will become harder to keep track of each individual challenge. If you have 2 monitors you may just be able to pop your browser up their to see your challenges, or being mobile friendly you may just be able to view it on your phone. In any case I’ll leave links to the Czech Quake Community’s socials below. Be sure to thank them for all their hard work.
Czech Quake Socials:
- YouTube: youtube.com/user/CzechQuake
- twitter: twitter.com/CzechQuake Website Updates Here, Community News, and BP Tracker Updates
- discord: discord.com/invite/xaZN2YX
A new set of challenges opens up every Wednesday at 8:00 PM EAST | 2:00 AM CEST. The challenges are broken up in 2 parts. First their week, and then their side left side | right side. The left side consists of the free challenges you can obtain without buying the Battlepass. The right side is accessible after buying the Battlepass. The right side tends to be slightly harder, but gives additional XP as well as shards.
GAME MODES: churchofquake.com/the-game/game-modes/
You can buy the Battlepass for 1000 platinum. Platinum is the Premium currency in Quake Champions. If you are using steam I recommended buying from Bethesda directly at this link: bethesda.net/en/store/product/QUWV01PCBG01BASE
Valve takes 30% of all purchases from steam. The money you buy with platinum goes back to the Quake development project. Just make sure you are logged into your associated Bethesda account, and it should be in their by the time you log into the game. If you are using the Bethesda launcher then just purchase it in game as you normally would.
Haste Potions are still 50% off (150 Platinum) in the in game store. Haste Potions Triple all XP Earned for 7 Days. If you usually struggle to make it to level 100 each season picking one, or two up now may not be a bad idea. Note an automatic Haste Potion is rewarded to the player at level 30 of the BP. Haste Potion do Stack meaning you can have multiple weeks of XP boosts stacked at a time.
The Battlepass itself is separated in 2 rows. The top row is the free version. You can acquire all the items here just by playing the game to level up your Battlepass. The bottom row is unlocked only with the purchase of the Battlepass. This is retroactive. So, if you are at level 50 and decide at that point you want to buy the Battlepass. Everything below level 49 will be added to your account. Keep an eye out for level 30 as that level gives you an automatically applied haste salve which gives you Triple XP for 7 whole days.
Once you have purchased the BP click the shield at the top of the screen, and hit the activate button that will be below the season 13 Name Plate.
There are actually rewards after BattlePass Level 100. From 101 onward rewards repeat as 1 shard per level with a Reliquary Being rewarded every 10th Level until Level 200.
Bethesda NET Forums have officially been replaced with discord. DO NOT WORRY as this was completely planned, and its replacements have been up and running for years now really. All Bethesda/ZeniMax forums will now be part of the software APP "Discord" which is probably already part of most gamer’s arsenal. We are very lucky as we are one of the only Bethesda/ZeniMax communities to have an official server completely dedicated to our Game series of choice QUAKE.
Official Quake discord here: discord.gg/Quake
all bugs need to be posted in the "bug-reports" channel under the "QC FEEDBACK" header in the official discord. link to that channel here: discord.gg/uy3VBbd83f Clips, or screenshots of your issue are very useful for the developers.
LATEST PTS NOTES:
- Deep Embrace – fixed reversed collision normal on sidewall of death doorway and added ability collision in the vista
- Exile – cleaned up collision at HMG
- Awoken – disabled anniversary banner
- Blood Covenant – disabled anniversary banner
- Blood Run – disabled anniversary banner
- Burial Chamber – disabled anniversary banner
- Corrupted Keep – disabled anniversary banner
- Deep Embrace – disabled anniversary banner
- Exile – disabled anniversary banner
- Fixed Galena pink armor shader
- CTF – once again schedule end-of-game after the final capture, but now with a 1 second delay, instead of none or 3.
- Fix – This may prevent items spawning after the match has ended?
- Clutch air-dodge cooldown added (dodgeMinTimeDelay 0.5, dodgeMinCooldownInSec 0.1)
- Scalebearer Forward Acceleration 0.75 to 0.5
- Scalebearer – Bull-rush Acceleration 170 to 150, Interruption Speed 240ups to 200ups
- Shotguns – added a center pellet to both sgs (increasing both max damages by 5)
- Fixed Tribolt max instances
- Increased global max sound events value
- Fixed Localized VO for Athena and Strogg medals: Air Assualt, bombardment, Floor Is Lava, Psi Radar, Rope Trick, Smelter, Swinger, and Trident.
- Nerfed bot’s Nailgun skills!
- Ability Usage Improvements?
- Anarki will now only use his ability when low on health (below 60hp)
- Slash will now only use her ability when target is within 760u
- BJ Blazkowicz will now only use his ability when enemy is in sight and will now use more precise aiming while in Duel Weild
- Galena will now only use her ability when low on health (below 60hp)
- Visor will no longer use his abilty when target is in sight and only when the target is far away
- Clutch will now only use his ability when target is in sight
- Keel will no longer use precise aiming after firing grenades
- Sorlag will now only use her ability when target is within 760u
- Insomnia – fixed duel spawns (3 working sets and removed spawn at tb/la)
- Lockbox – disabled anniversary banner
- The Longest Yard – disabled anniversary banner
- The Molten Falls – disabled anniversary banner
- Security updates
- Insomnia – updated spawns, removed the RL LA spawn from Duel, added two new spawns (one at MH TP entrance, one at TB)
- Insomnia – edited starting duel spawns (lg_sng + ssg, rl_la + hmg, tb_mh + ha)
- The Longest Yard CTF – disabled anniversary banner
- Ruins of Sarnath – disabled anniversary banner
- Tower of Koth – disabled anniversary banner
- Vale of Pnath – disabled anniversary banner
The PTS is a Public Test Server that many games come with. It is completely optional to be part of the PTS, and does require an additional download to take part of. The purpose of the PTS for the player is it allows us to preview upcoming skins, arenas, and gameplay changes in general before they are added to the main game. It also doubles as bug testing. In fact all bugs, or issues in the PTS should be put in the official discord here: discord.gg/gSRRbCQQgM In the "public-test-server" channel. If you can you should try and find a buddy to test with. Two heads are better than one. You can find people to party with in the "party-finder" channel of the official discord. Channel Link Here: discord.gg/yPjxKX4k2q
If you want to access, or rather download the PTS you can do this on both Steam, and the Bethesda Launcher quite easily. Just to note though like other PTS downloads you are usually downloading the entire game plus some. The PTS download for Quake Champions is currently just over 30 Gigabytes. Keep that in mind if you want to partake. Things that you accomplish in the PTS version DO NOT transfer over to the main game. That said you can also demo stuff in the PTS that you may not own yet in the main game.
*When first launching the PTS your game may "compile" for a few minutes.
In steam all you have to do is type in any way of "QUAKE" in your games search bar, and it will pop up as "Quake Champions PTS". It is consider its own "game" so to speak on steam. Just download it as you would any other game.
For the Bethesda Launcher the Quickest way to access it is as followed. Make sure you have the "GAMES" tab selected, and on "My Library" in the drop down menu.
From here just scroll down until you hit your "QUAKE" section, and download "Quake Champions PTS".
HAPPY FRAGGING FOLKS, AND WE SHALL SEE EACHOTHER IN THE ARENAS.
HOW TO PLAY QUAKE:
QUAKE CHAMPIONS FREE 2 PLAY
- BETHESDA DOWNLOAD PAGE: quake.bethesda.net/en/playnow
- STEAM STORE PAGE: store.steampowered.com/app/611500/Quake_Champions/
- BETHESDA STORE FOR PLATINUM: bethesda.net/en/store/product/QUWV01PCBG01BASE
- QC COMPATIBILITY TEST: churchofquake.com/trouble-shooting-crash-to-desktop-issues/ IF YOU ARE HAVING TECH ISSUES WITH QC LOOK OVER THIS LINK.
- CHECK OUT YOUR, OR OTHER’S QUAKE CHAMPION STATS: quake-stats.bethesda.net/
CLASSIC 1996 | RE-RELEASE $9.99 | FREE UPGRADE IF YOU ALREADY OWN
- BETHESDA PAGE: bethesda.net/en/store/product/QU1CSTPCBG01
- STEAM PAGE: store.steampowered.com/app/2310/QUAKE/
- HOW TO WATCH the QUAKE PRO LEAGUE e-sport:
- twitch Quake (English) twitch.tv/quake MAIN STREAM
- twitch Quake_2 (English) twitch.tv/quake2 B STREAM
- twitch Quake (Russian) twitch.tv/quakemc_ru
- YouTube Quake (English) youtube.com/channel/UCOMk1WI8dxaCFpJptF6K8_A Sometimes in 4K here
- High Quality VODS get Posted to YouTube for the Quake Pro League e-sports Eventually.
- twitch XBOX (English) twitch.tv/xbox Microsoft Gaming Centric
- twitch Bethesda (English) twitch.tv/bethesda Bethesda/Zenimax Centric
- YouTube Bethesda Softworksyoutube.com/user/BethesdaSoftworks Bethesda/Zenimax Centric
- Quake Champions Category on Twitch: twitch.tv/directory/game/Quake%20Champions
- Quake Champions Category on youTube: youtube.com/channel/UCZvunfF-2v148kQWQWd67Xg
Find New People to Party up With (It Helps Our Q Times)
- Official Quake Discord discord.gg/Quake Find Players in “party-finder” channel|ALL BUGS SHOULD BE REPORTED TO THE QC FEEDBACK – BUG REPORTS CHANNEL.
- Church of Quake discord.gg/qTVK684stc MAKERS OF WIKIS|NEWS|GUIDES|LORE
- Official Bethesda/Zenimax Discord discord.gg/bethesda Replacing Beth.net Forums
WEBSITES | TWITTERS | FORUMS
- Quake Champions Website quake.bethesda.net/en/ Updates | Announcements
- 1996 Quake|re-release Website bethesda.net/en/store/product/QU1CSTPCBG01 Updates
- Bethesda Game Server’s Status bethesda.net/en/status Check out all Bethesda servers
- Steam Community Page:steamcommunity.com/app/611500 Content From Steam
- Quake Pro League Website quake.pglesports.com/ Partnered with PGL e-sports ORG
- CHURCH OF QUAKE WEBSITE: churchofquake.com/ MAKERS OF WIKI|NEWS|GUIDES|LORE
- r/QuakeChampions reddit.com/r/QuakeChampions/ We are Friendly
- Official Quake twitter twitter.com/Quake Latest Quake Series News|e-sport Announcements
- Official Bethesda twitter twitter.com/bethesda\ All Things Bethesda/Zenimax
- Church of Quake twitter twitter.com/church_of_quake Articles Auto twitted Here
- Official id Software twitter twitter.com/idSoftware SACRED GODS
- SyncError twitter twitter.com/SyncError Lead Quake Designer at id Software.
- QuakeFans Website quakefans.net/ Quake|Arena|Indie FPS
- TastySpleen twitter twitter.com/tastyspleentv LATEST NEWS FOR ORGAN GRINDER EVENTS
- Rocket Jump Ninja rocketjumpninja.com/ Mouse & PC periphery Reviews
- TastySpleen Website og.tastyspleen.net/ Organ Grinder Sign-ups
- QUAKE CHAMPIONS steamdb.info/app/611500/ STATS FOR THE GAME
- ORIGINAL 1996 QUAKE | RE-RELEASE steamdb.info/app/2310/graphs/ STATS FOR THE GAME
ON-GOING COMMUNITY PODCASTS:
- QuakeCast quakecast.podbean.com/ Classic Quake & Quake Champions Themed PODCAST
- In the Keep inthekeep.com/ Arena FPS | Immersive SIMs | Retro Shooter Centric PODCAST
- Doom is Dead? doomfederation.com/podcasts/ Partnership between Doom Federation, and In the Keep.
- QuakeFans Radio quakefans.net/category/podcasts/qf-radio/ Live Radio/Podcast by QuakeFans.
Quake Champions BattlePass WEEKLY |DAILY CHALLENGES:
- Weeklies for BattlePass change at 8:00 PM EAST Wednesdays|2:00 AM CEST Thursdays.
- Dailies change at 10:00 PM EAST | 4:00 AM CEST.