Good Afternoon Quakers! there are still 2 days remain to signup for Church of Quake & Rocket Arena 2’s Quake Champions Clan Arena Tournament Season 2! Captains will be picking teams on Sunday October the 29th. Prize Pool is currently $200 dollars. Contact @TONES, or @Old Hickory if you want to donate to increase the Prize Pool. MUST play during NA prime time hours. NA prime time is considered to be 7 pm – 10 pm EST which also includes both weekdays and weekends.
Important Links to Follow
- You must Join our discord server
- Follow our twitter for updates
- Google Sign-Up Form
- CoQ & RA2 QC CA Tournament Season 2 Info Spreadsheet Currently 31 Signups!
- Discord Event Link
Tournament Information from T0NES
The tournament is open to all skill levels, and international participants are welcome as well but they MUST play during NA prime time. NA prime time is considered to be 7 pm – 10 pm EST which also includes both weekdays and weekends. This tournament will have the teams picked by snake draft by team captains. Minimum of 28 players for 7 teams of 4 players or a maximum of 40 players for 8 teams of 5 players (includes 1 backup player, which must play 1 map).
There will be two stages, round robin then playoffs. During the round-robin stage, all teams will play each other in no specific order. Round robin will be 3 maps total and playoffs will be best of 5 maps. Each team will make the playoffs seeded by their total points from the round-robin stage. The playoffs will be double elimination. The grand finals will be the best of 5 maps.
1) Starting 10/29/23, Captains can start planning for their first matches. Matches will start being counted on 11/5/23. Matches can be played in any order and completed as quickly as desired.
2) Maps for this tournament are preselected and must be played for the week listed versus that opponent. For example, Week 1 maps are 1, 2, and 3. If you are playing your week 1 opponent on week 6, you must play these week 1 maps. The maps are listed on the CoQ & RA2 QC CA Tournament Season 2 spreadsheet.
3) Team names are required.
4) All teams are to use their voice chats in the Church of Quake Discord. No one but your team can enter that voice chat.
5) Streams are welcome. Players can stream or record locally so a record of each game exists in case someone can’t cast.
6) Custom Game Settings are as follows: Unless the two captains could agree on other settings
- Game Type: Clan Arena
- Score Limit: 1 (unchangeable)
- Arena: Maps selected
- Time Limit: 3 Min (unchangeable)
- Disable Active Abilities: Checked (unchangeable)
- Bots Setup and Difficulty: Bots cannot be used.
7) Suggested Champions: Champions with passive abilities that are usable in Clan Arena.
a. Example: Doom Slayer for his double jump. Please note that the following champions have passives that are not usable in Clan Arena: Galena, Eisen, and Ranger.
8) Banned Champions: Death Knight due to no counter to passive on non-blood maps.
9) Matches can be played as the schedules allow between two teams, so it’s possible to play multiple matches in a week.
10) Data Centers allowed are as follows:
- NA, Central (Texas)
- NA, East (Virginia)
- NA, North (Toronto)
- NA, West (California)
11) Maps for this tournament are as follows:
- Blood Covenant
- Ruins of Sarnath
- Deep Embrace
- Burial Chamber
- Church of Azathoth
- Tempest Shrine
- The Molten Falls
12) A match must be played within two weeks otherwise each team is deducted 20 points from the total score in round robin bracket. This would not apply to the playoffs.
13) On match day if a team doesn’t have 4 players or if captains agree, 3v3’s will be allowed.
14) If you have a player on your team quit the tournament, all captains will have to agree on a replacement.
1) The first part of the tournament will be in Round Robin format.
2) The matches are the best of 3 maps, with each map played for a maximum of 13 rounds. A map is won by winning 7 of the rounds.
3) Matches require all 3 maps to be played. Winners of the maps get an extra 3 points. Every round counts as 1 point toward the teams’ totals for playoff seeding.
4) If 7 Teams: All teams will make the playoffs with the top team getting a bye.
1) The second part of the tournament will be in double-elimination playoff format.
2) The matches are the best of 5 maps, with each map played for 13 rounds. A map is won by winning 7 of the rounds.
3) The bracket will have to be rebuilt once all first-round playoffs are played to determine the loser bracket and seedings.
4) The seeding will be based on a high/low playing each other (aka Team 1 vs. Team 8, Team 2 vs. Team 7, etc.)
5) The 5 playoff maps will be picked by team captains before the playoff starts.
6) If 7 Teams: rotate picking map order, with the higher seed going first.
Happy Fragging Folks & Good Luck to all those Participating