Sign-up now for #QuakeChampions 2022 SACRIFICE QUICKDRAFT TOURNAMENT! August 20th 10AM PACFIC.
Good Morning Quakers! The NA Arena FPS discord will be putting together a Sacrifice Quickdraft Tournament during QuakeCon 2022 next week. Sign ups close on Day-0 August 19th at 6:30 PM Pacific, so sign up early! Day-0 will also consist of the Draft selection Friday August 19th starting at 7PM Pacific. Day-1 Saturday August 20th starting at 10AM Pacific. The Final day day-2 will be Sunday August 21st at 12PM Pacific. The tournament is open to all skill levels, and international participants are welcome as well. The Final day will be broadcasted on the QuakeCon Community Twitch channel.
In addition the NA Arena FPS server does feature a pubobot, so if you are looking to practice before the event make sure to stop by. You only need to type “++”, or “+sac” in the “qc-pickups” channel under the “Quake Champions” header. The pubobot will DM you when the Queue so to speak has been filled. Makes playing games a bit easier in Quake Champions.
Shout out to WildManQC for putting this together for the community!
Important Links to Follow!
- Sign up with this Google form: https://forms.gle/7Sd8LrzbcdDy3bwg7
- Current Signups: https://tinyurl.com/4cynkwvm
- Na Arena FPS Discord: Look for the “SACRIFICE DRAFT TOURNAMENT 2022” header
- Toornament Website Page: You still need to sign-up with the google form above
Current Prize Pool: $125
- 1st Place: 40%
- 2nd Place: 25%
- 3rd Place: 20%
- 4th Place: 15%
List of GENEROUS CONTRIBUTORS:
RULES FOR TOURNAMENT
- Each team will have a captain.
- Each captain will take turns drafting a player from the general player pool.
- The team format is 4 vs 4. Each team will be allowed 5 primary players, plus 1 more extra if that player does not fit anywhere else.
- ALL players who check-in during game day WILL be assigned onto a team if they do not fit anywhere else.
- ALL TEAMS MUST BE DEMOCRATICALLY AGREED UPON IN THE END (to prevent duplicitous team stacking tactics).
- Each match will be played in a BO3 format on the SACRIFICE TOURNEY game mode. GRAND FINALS will be BO5.
- The brackets will be double-elimination
- Day 1 will feature every match UP TO Loser’s Finals, “Bronze Medal” match, and Grand Finals
- Day 2 will feature Losers Finals, “Bronze Medal” match, and Grand Finals
- Each odd-numbered match round (# 1, 3, 5, 7, etc) will be played on the following maps in the following order:
– 1st Blood Covenant
– 2nd Burial Chamber
– 3rd Church of Azathoth (tie-breaker)
- Each even-numbered match round (# 2, 4, 6, etc) will be played on the following maps in the following order:
– 1st Ruins of Sarnath
– 2nd Tempest Shrine
– 3rd Lockbox (tie-breaker)
- WINNER’s FINAL, LOSER’s FINAL and 3rd/4th PLACE MATCH will be played on the following maps in the following order:
– 1st Tower of Koth
– 2nd LOSER PICKS MAP (any map except Citadel)
– 3rd Blood Covenant (tie-breaker)
- GRAND FINALS will be one single BO5 match. The Team coming from the Winner’s bracket will start with a 1 map advantage. It will be played on the following maps in the following order:
– 1st = BYE (UPPER BRACKET 1 MAP ADVANTAGE)
– 2nd Tower of Koth
– 3rd LOSER of the Previous Round Picks (any map except Citadel)
– 4th Blood Covenant
– 5th LOSER of the Previous Round Picks (any map except Citadel)
HAPPY FRAGGING FOLKS, AND GOOD LUCK TO ALL THE CONTESTANTS PARTICIPATING!