#QuakeChampions Season 13 Winter Update | Week 1 Challenges Live + Patch Notes.
Good morning Quakers Today is the start of Season 13 our Winter 2021 update. This season brings us our newest map INSOMNIA. The shotguns has received a rework. Several additional sound options have been added. As well as unified movement & knockback, and unified standing and crouching view heights for Champions. 96 DAYS REMAIN FOR SEASON 13.
Bethesda Blog with notes: quake.bethesda.net/en/news/3dRqyUll7wVetJ8ua2cPA8 Copy Paste of the notes at the bottom of this post.
Official QUAKE twitter: twitter.com/quake Quake Series News | Quake Pro League
If you are not already familiar Quake Champions has 4 Seasons a year that also correspond with the Battlepass. Meaning we have 4 10 to 12 week long Battlepasses a year. Week 1 is primarily made up of completing basic tasks such as completing matches, playing specific game modes, or using your champion abelites. Note the right side of the BP does not open up until you buy the BP.
If you are new, or struggling to understand the unique mechanics of an Arena Shooter check out this link here for tutorial videos: churchofquake.com/tactics/tutorials/getting-started-tutorials/
If you like e-sports we have been doing a weekly tournament round up series. ill leave a link as Edition XI was made last week: churchofquake.com/quakechampions-community-tournament-round-xi/ Quake Pro League season 3 has been announced to start in 2022. No more information is known at this point in time. We probably will not hear any new information until next year.
The Quake community has been extremely active though while the Quake Pro League has been on break. Lots of community tournaments are open to all players in most regions, and some have weekly iterations as well. But we have also had several LAN ( in person for Quake) events with more potentially happening next year. Exciting times to be a Quaker.
The Ice Beam is 2000 Platinum to buy directly without the BP, or you can hold off and get it as the Final Level 100 reward in the BP.
A new set of challenges opens up every Wednesday at 8:00 PM EAST | 2:00 AM CEST. The challenges are broken up in 2 parts. First their week, and then their side left side | right side. The left side consists of the free challenges you can obtain without buying the Battlepass. The right side is accessible after buying the Battlepass. The right side tends to be slightly harder, but gives additional XP as well as shards.
You can buy the Battlepass for 1000 platinum. Platinum is the Premium currency in Quake Champions. If you are using steam I recommended buying from Bethesda directly at this link: bethesda.net/en/store/product/QUWV01PCBG01BASE
Valve takes 30% of all purchases from steam. The money you buy with platinum goes back to the Quake development project. Just make sure you are logged into your associated Bethesda account, and it should be in their by the time you log into the game. If you are using the Bethesda launcher then just purchase it in game as you normally would.
The Battlepass itself is separated in 2 rows. The top row is the free version. You can acquire all the items here just by playing the game to level up your Battlepass. The bottom row is unlocked only with the purchase of the Battlepass. This is retroactive. So, if you are at level 50 and decide at that point you want to buy the Battlepass. Everything below level 49 will be added to your account. Keep an eye out for level 30 as that level gives you an automatically applied haste salve which gives you Double XP for 7 whole days.
Once you have purchased the BP click the shield at the top of the screen, and hit the activate button that will be below the season 13 Name Plate.
There are actually rewards after BattlePass Level 100. From 101 onward rewards repeat as 1 shard per level with a Reliquary Being rewarded every 10th Level until Level 200.
Bethesda NET Forums have officially been replaced with discord. DO NOT WORRY as this was completely planned, and its replacements have been up and running for years now really. All Bethesda/ZeniMax forums will now be part of the software APP "Discord" which is probably already part of most gamer’s arsenal. We are very lucky as we are one of the only Bethesda/ZeniMax communities to have an official server completely dedicated to our Game series of choice QUAKE.
Official Quake discord here: discord.gg/Quake
all bugs need to be posted in the "bug-reports" channel under the "QC FEEDBACK" header in the official discord. link to that channel here: discord.gg/uy3VBbd83f Clips, or screenshots of your issue are very useful for the developers.
Season’s greetings, Quakers!
It’s that time of year when the stars align just right in the cold winter sky and the Elder Gods deign to bestow gifts upon those who fight for their amusement. This year, they’re presenting their Champions with an all-new arena, Insomnia, along with a new weapon vanity in the seasonal Battle Pass, balance tweaks, and bug fixes.
HAPPY FRAGGING FOLKS, AND WE SHALL SEE EACHOTHER IN THE ARENAS.
Happy holidays, and have a fragging New Year!
SEASON 13 BATTLE PASS
This season’s Battle Pass is the gift that keeps on giving, with tons of rewards for you to unlock including holiday-themed profile icons, nameplates, and vanity items!
NEW VANITY – ICE BEAM LIGHTNING GUN
Give your enemies the cold shoulder with this new ice-themed Lightning Gun vanity, available in the Season 13 Battle Pass!
NEW MAP – INSOMNIA
I shall never sleep calmly again when I think of the horrors that lurk ceaselessly behind life in time and in space, and of those unhallowed blasphemies from elder stars which dream beneath the sea…
Your restless battle continues within the ancient stone walls of this cathedral-fortress to Volkerh, the Whispering One. This moonlit arena is available for Duel, Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch, and Clan Arena modes!
- Added Ambient Volume slider
- Added Announcer Volume slider
- Added a Champion Voice Volume slider (includes self, team, enemy VO and efforts)
- Updated collision at the top of the stairs near the Rocket Launcher
- Fixed a major collision issue at the Light Armor “death window”
- Fixed a hole in the geometry near the Mega Health
- Updated Collision throughout the map
- Dual Wield now treats all weapons the same: increasing their firing rate by 1/3rd
- Changed ability duration from 6 seconds → 5 seconds, and increased delay between Punches from 500ms → 1s
- Forward acceleration 0.85 → 0.75
- Unified movement Unified movement & knockback box sizes within weight classes to 0.8m, 0.9m, and 1.0m:
- Anarki 0.9 → 0.8
- BJ Blazkowicz 1.0 → 0.9
- Death Knight 1.0 → 0.9
- Doom Slayer 0.8 → 0.9
- Eisen 0.85 → 0.9
- Ranger 0.95 → 0.9
- Strogg 0.8 → 0.9
- Visor 1.0 → 0.9
- Clutch 1.2 → 1.0 (knockback only)
- Keel 0.9 → 1.0
- Sorlag 1.2 → 1.0 (knockback only)
- Unified standing and crouching view heights into three groups (light/medium, heavy, Anarki) as their previous values only slightly differed
- Reduced pellet count and increased damage per pellet (same max damage)
- Old: 20 pellets x 4 dmg = 80, SSG – 30 pellets x 4 dmg = 120
- New: 16 pellets x 5 dmg = 80, SSG – 24 pellets x 5 dmg = 120
- Falloff Distance: reduced pellet damage by 1 for every 9.6 meters (384u)
- The Nailgun splash radius now matches the Super Nailgun splash radius of 20u
- Both the Nailgun and Super Nailgun projectiles have been changed to 1800 ups instead of 2000 ups
- Fixed the Respawn button not working during warmup
- The match will now end immediately when the CTF mercy limit is triggered. (Instead of scheduling it in 3 seconds.) This resolves issues when hitting the mercy limit near the end of the round
- Fixed Marauder Shotgun shells not vanishing in Ghostwalk
- Fixed Shaft Lightning Gun glass not vanishing in Ghostwalk
- Fixed Terminator Shotgun beam not vanishing in Ghostwalk
- Fixed 5.1 and 7.1 Surround Sound options
- Fixed a large number of sounds cutting out
- Fixes sounds cutting out during/after Dual Wield
- Fixes a lot of cases for weapon shots cutting out
- Fixes a lot of cases of missing enemy sounds (steps, jumps, lands, etc)
- Fixed explosions cutting out
- Fixed range inconsistencies in champion movement sounds, now using 35m for all sounds (previously, some were 32, 35, 37.5)
- Fixed The Lurching King / Exile map loading loading music
- Normalized footstep volumes (some were too loud, some were too quiet; now they should be just right)
- Made pain sounds for teammates quieter
- Slighty increased the pitch of footsteps and jump sounds above you, and decreased the pitch of those below you
- Slight reduced the volume of occluded footsteps and jump sounds (helps with sounds through walls sounding like they are right next to you)
- Sound Mix – Slight decreased in third person champion voice, pain sounds, and death sounds volume
- Slight nerf for Lightning Gun & Super Nailgun aiming
- Ranked UI skip fix
- Fixed typos in Nyx and Doom Slayer game tips
- Fixed inconsistent choices between UK/US English spelling
- Fixed typo in the Marauder Shotgun description
- Fixed typo in QuakeCon 2021 Gauntlet description
- Fixed watermark code that was trying to drop the “-master-https” string
- Watermark now hidden if there is an active match
- Cleaned up watermark formatting, shortened unconnected state text
- Updated Bethesda.net BDK integration
- Security Updates
HOW TO PLAY QUAKE:
QUAKE CHAMPIONS FREE 2 PLAY
- BETHESDA DOWNLOAD PAGE: quake.bethesda.net/en/playnow
- STEAM STORE PAGE: store.steampowered.com/app/611500/Quake_Champions/
- BETHESDA STORE FOR PLATINUM: bethesda.net/en/store/product/QUWV01PCBG01BASE
- QC COMPATIBILITY TEST: churchofquake.com/trouble-shooting-crash-to-desktop-issues/ IF YOU ARE HAVING TECH ISSUES WITH QC LOOK OVER THIS LINK.
- CHECK OUT YOUR, OR OTHER’S QUAKE CHAMPION STATS: quake-stats.bethesda.net/
CLASSIC 1996 | RE-RELEASE $9.99 | FREE UPGRADE IF YOU ALREADY OWN
- BETHESDA PAGE: bethesda.net/en/store/product/QU1CSTPCBG01
- STEAM PAGE: store.steampowered.com/app/2310/QUAKE/
HOW TO WATCH the QUAKE PRO LEAGUE e-sport:
- twitch Quake (English) twitch.tv/quake MAIN STREAM
- twitch Quake_2 (English) twitch.tv/quake2 B STREAM
- twitch Quake (Russian) twitch.tv/quakemc_ru
- YouTube Quake (English) youtube.com/channel/UCOMk1WI8dxaCFpJptF6K8_A Sometimes in 4K here
- High Quality VODS get Posted to YouTube for the Quake Pro League e-sports Eventually.
- twitch XBOX (English) twitch.tv/xbox Microsoft Gaming Centric
- twitch Bethesda (English) twitch.tv/bethesda Bethesda/Zenimax Centric
- YouTube Bethesda Softworksyoutube.com/user/BethesdaSoftworks Bethesda/Zenimax Centric
- Quake Champions Category on Twitch: twitch.tv/directory/game/Quake%20Champions
- Quake Champions Category on youTube: youtube.com/channel/UCZvunfF-2v148kQWQWd67Xg
- Find New People to Party up With (It Helps Our Q Times)
- Official Quake Discord discord.gg/Quake Find Players in “party-finder” channel|ALL BUGS SHOULD BE REPORTED TO THE QC FEEDBACK – BUG REPORTS CHANNEL.
- Church of Quake discord.gg/qTVK684stc MAKERS OF WIKIS|NEWS|GUIDES|LORE
- Official Bethesda/Zenimax Discord discord.gg/bethesda Replacing Beth.net Forums
WEBSITES | TWITTERS | FORUMS
- Quake Champions Website quake.bethesda.net/en/ Updates | Announcements
- 1996 Quake|re-release Website bethesda.net/en/store/product/QU1CSTPCBG01 Updates
- Bethesda Game Server’s Status bethesda.net/en/status Check out all Bethesda servers
- Steam Community Page:steamcommunity.com/app/611500 Content From Steam
- Quake Pro League Website quake.pglesports.com/ Partnered with PGL e-sports ORG
- CHURCH OF QUAKE WEBSITE: churchofquake.com/ MAKERS OF WIKI|NEWS|GUIDES|LORE
- r/QuakeChampions reddit.com/r/QuakeChampions/ We are Friendly
- Official Quake twitter twitter.com/Quake Latest Quake Series News|e-sport Announcements
- Official Bethesda twitter twitter.com/bethesda\ All Things Bethesda/Zenimax
- Church of Quake twitter twitter.com/church_of_quake Articles Auto twitted Here
- Official id Software twitter twitter.com/idSoftware SACRED GODS
- SyncError twitter twitter.com/SyncError Lead Quake Designer at id Software.
- QuakeFans Website quakefans.net/ Quake|Arena|Indie FPS
- TastySpleen twitter twitter.com/tastyspleentv LATEST NEWS FOR ORGAN GRINDER EVENTS
- Rocket Jump Ninja rocketjumpninja.com/ Mouse Reviews
- QUAKE CHAMPIONS steamdb.info/app/611500/ STATS FOR THE GAME
- ORIGINAL 1996 QUAKE | RE-RELEASE steamdb.info/app/2310/graphs/ STATS FOR THE GAME
ON-GOING COMMUNITY PODCASTS:
- QuakeCast quakecast.podbean.com/ Classic Quake & Quake Champions Themed PODCAST
- In the Keep inthekeep.com/ Arena FPS | Immersive SIMs | Retro Shooter Centric PODCAST
- Doom is Dead? doomfederation.com/podcasts/ Partnership between Doom Federation, and In the Keep.
- QuakeFans Radio quakefans.net/category/podcasts/qf-radio/ Live Radio/Podcast by QuakeFans.
Quake Champions BattlePass WEEKLY |DAILY CHALLENGES:
- Weeklies for BattlePass change at 8:00 PM EAST Wednesdays|2:00 AM CEST Thursdays.
- Dailies change at 10:00 PM EAST | 4:00 AM CEST.