#QuakeChampions PTS Update for 02-08-22 is Live.
Hello, and good afternoon Quakers. We have received multiple updates over the past few weeks. The biggest to note by far is both NailGun variants will be heavily re-worked. Check out how to install | partake in the PTS (Public Test Server) as well as see today’s and all other recent PTS notes below. As always the PTS is Public TEST Server. Nothing is a representative of what the live server will be like, and can change at any point in time before official release.
LATEST PTS NOTES
🔹 (PTS FIX) Fixed Nailgun splash knockback
🔹 Athena Ability VO – Reduced the first-person VO occurrence from 90% of the time to only 50% of the time.
🔹 Athena Ability VO – Reduced the volume by -2db.
🔹 Athena Ability VO – Reduced the chance of the “Woohoo” VO from 10% to 5%.
🔹 (PTS Chg) Added a slight gradient phase to the Q2 Shotgun emissive.
🔹 (PTS Chg) Improved Q2 MG sound, made it crispy, removed some mechanical noise.
🔹 (PTS Chg) Restored 1st person death sound events
🔹 Authorization Service Updates (PTS Fix for autologin)
🔹 Anti-cheat Updates
🔹 Quake 2 Starting Machinegun
🔹 Quake 2 Starting Shotgun
🔹 New Audio Hit Beep Options: ( OFF | SINGLE | ADDITIVE | DAMAGE DEALT )
🔹 Added Premium Shader support for Champions, so that like weapons they can have unique texture sets. Just a proof of concept atm.
🔹 Added four new Strogg VO lines (1 frag, 1 assist, 1 respawn, 1 low health)
🔹 Allow unidentified hardware detections to be set to ultra/high instead of med/low, because we just have too many new GPUs and CPUs that are failing to provide decent auto-detect settings. (Will need to fix this with an updated detections list prior to release.)
🔹 Prevent change weapon sound events from playing for dead players
🔹 Removed first person death VO sound events, because they play after you die, which is odd from the first-person view. You would never hear yourself say something while you’re dead. 🙂 From third person this feels a little better because it feels like a last moment effort, but from first person sounds are muffled and it’s obvious that it’s playing after your death.
🔹 Increased Diablo SSG shot sounds by +2db (all shotguns will need another pass later)
🔹 Reduced elevated pitch range from [-6 steps to +8 steps] to [-4 steps to +4 steps]
🔹 Reduced elevation distance volume reduction from -5db to -3db at the max attenuation
🔹 Clutch – Starting AP 75->100
🔹 Scalebearer – Added a 0-320 ups damage range for Bullrush so that below 320 ups hits deal 25 dmg instead of 0 dmg. (This is only during bullrush, still no passive damage below 400 ups.) This change is made as a quality of life opposed to a buff. It just doesn’t feel good when you trigger a Bullrush, hit an opponent, and 0 damage is dealt.
🔹 Nailguns – Nails now do 10 & 15 damage instead of 12 & 20, which is 100 & 150 dps instead of 120 & 200 dps — BUT they are much easier to hit now. Nails are now 12u wide instead of 6.4u wide.
🔹 Insomnia – updated spawns, removed the RL LA spawn from Duel, added two new spawns (one at MH TP entrance, one at TB)
🔹 Insomnia – edited starting duel spawns (lg_sng + ssg, rl_la + hmg, tb_mh + ha)
🔹 The Longest Yard CTF, Ruins of Sarnath, Tower of Koth, Vale of Pnath – disabled anniversary banner
🔹 Insomnia – fixed duel spawns (3 working sets and removed spawn at tb/la)
🔹 Lockbox, The Longest Yard, The Molten Falls – disabled anniversary banner
🔹 Security updates
🔹 Deep Embrace – fixed reversed collision normal on sidewall of death doorway and added ability collision in the vista
🔹 Exile – cleaned up collision at HMG
🔹 Awoken, Blood Covenant, Blood Run, Burial Chamber, Corrupted Keep, Deep Embrace, Exile – disabled anniversary banner
🔹 Fixed Galena pink armor shader
🔹 CTF – once again schedule end-of-game after the final capture, but now with a 1 second delay, instead of none or 3.
🔹 Fix – This may prevent items spawning after the match has ended?
🔹 Clutch air-dodge cooldown added (dodgeMinTimeDelay 0.5, dodgeMinCooldownInSec 0.1)
🔹 Scalebearer Forward Acceleration 0.75 to 0.5
🔹 Scalebearer – Bullrush Acceleration 170 to 150, Interruption Speed 240ups to 200ups
🔹 Shotguns – added a center pellet to both sgs (increasing both max damages by 5)
🔹 Fixed Tribolt max instances
🔹 Increased global max sound events value
🔹 Fixed Localized VO for Athena and Strogg medals: Air Assualt, bombardment, Floor Is Lava, Psi Radar, Rope Trick, Smelter, Swinger, and Trident.
🔹 Nerfed bots nailgun skills
🔹 Ability Usage Improvements?
- Anarki will now only use his ability when low on health (below 60hp)
- Slash will now only use her ability when target is within 760u
- BJ Blazkowicz will now only use his ability when enemy is in sight and will now use more precise aiming while in Duel Weild
- Galena will now only use her ability when low on health (below 60hp)
- Visor will no longer use his ability when target is in sight and only when the target is far away
- Clutch will now only use his ability when target is in sight
- Keel will no longer use precise aiming after firing grenades
- Sorlag will now only use her ability when target is within 760u
The PTS is a Public Test Server that many games come with. It is completely optional to be part of the PTS, and does require an additional download to take part of. The purpose of the PTS for us Quake players is it allows us to preview upcoming skins, arenas, and gameplay changes in general before they are added to the Live | Main Game servers. It also doubles as bug testing. In fact all bugs, or issues in the PTS should be put in the official discord in the “public-test-server” channel. If you can you should try and find a buddy to test with. Two heads are better than one. You can find people to party with in the “party-finder” channel.
If you want to access, or rather download the PTS you can do this on both Steam, and the Bethesda Launcher quite easily. Just to note though like other PTS downloads you are usually downloading the entire game plus some. The PTS download for Quake Champions is currently just over 30 Gigabytes. Keep that in mind if you want to partake. Things that you accomplish in the PTS version DO NOT transfer over to the main game. That said you can also demo stuff in the PTS that you may not own yet in the main game.
*When first launching the PTS your game may “compile” for a few minutes.
In steam all you have to do is type in any way of “QUAKE” in your games search bar, and it will pop up as “Quake Champions PTS“. It is consider its own “game” so to speak on steam. Just download it as you would any other game.
For the Bethesda Launcher the Quickest way to access it is as followed. Make sure you have the “GAMES” tab selected, and on “My Library” in the drop down menu.
From here just scroll down until you hit your “QUAKE” section, and download “Quake Champions PTS”.
HAPPY FRAGGING FOLKS, AND WE SHALL SEE EACHOTHER IN THE ARENAS.
HOW TO PLAY QUAKE:
QUAKE CHAMPIONS FREE 2 PLAY
- BETHESDA DOWNLOAD PAGE: quake.bethesda.net/en/playnow
- STEAM STORE PAGE: store.steampowered.com/app/611500/Quake_Champions/
- BETHESDA STORE FOR PLATINUM: bethesda.net/en/store/product/QUWV01PCBG01BASE
- QC COMPATIBILITY TEST: churchofquake.com/trouble-shooting-crash-to-desktop-issues/ IF YOU ARE HAVING TECH ISSUES WITH QC LOOK OVER THIS LINK.
- CHECK OUT YOUR, OR OTHER’S QUAKE CHAMPION STATS: quake-stats.bethesda.net/
HOW TO WATCH the QUAKE PRO LEAGUE e-sport:
- twitch Quake (English) twitch.tv/quake MAIN STREAM
- twitch Quake_2 (English) twitch.tv/quake2 B STREAM
- twitch Quake (Russian) twitch.tv/quakemc_ru
- YouTube Quake (English) youtube.com/channel/UCOMk1WI8dxaCFpJptF6K8_A Sometimes in 4K here
- High Quality VODS get Posted to YouTube for the Quake Pro League e-sports Eventually.
- twitch XBOX (English) twitch.tv/xbox Microsoft Gaming Centric
- twitch Bethesda (English) twitch.tv/bethesda Bethesda/Zenimax Centric
- YouTube Bethesda Softworksyoutube.com/user/BethesdaSoftworks Bethesda/Zenimax Centric
- Quake Champions Category on Twitch: twitch.tv/directory/game/Quake%20Champions
- Quake Champions Category on youTube: youtube.com/channel/UCZvunfF-2v148kQWQWd67Xg
Find New People to Party up With (It Helps Our Q Times)
- Official Quake Discord discord.gg/Quake Find Players in “party-finder” channel|ALL BUGS SHOULD BE REPORTED TO THE QC FEEDBACK – BUG REPORTS CHANNEL.
- Church of Quake discord.gg/qTVK684stc MAKERS OF WIKIS|NEWS|GUIDES|LORE
- Official Bethesda/Zenimax Discord discord.gg/bethesda Replacing Beth.net Forums
WEBSITES | TWITTERS | FORUMS
- Quake Champions Website quake.bethesda.net/en/ Updates | Announcements
- 1996 Quake|re-release Website bethesda.net/en/store/product/QU1CSTPCBG01 Updates
- Bethesda Game Server’s Status bethesda.net/en/status Check out all Bethesda servers
- Steam Community Page:steamcommunity.com/app/611500 Content From Steam
- Quake Pro League Website quake.pglesports.com/ Partnered with PGL e-sports ORG
- CHURCH OF QUAKE WEBSITE: churchofquake.com/ MAKERS OF WIKI|NEWS|GUIDES|LORE
- r/QuakeChampions reddit.com/r/QuakeChampions/ We are Friendly
- Official Quake twitter twitter.com/Quake Latest Quake Series News|e-sport Announcements
- Official Bethesda twitter twitter.com/bethesda\ All Things Bethesda/Zenimax
- Church of Quake twitter twitter.com/church_of_quake Articles Auto twitted Here
- Official id Software twitter twitter.com/idSoftware SACRED GODS
- SyncError twitter twitter.com/SyncError Lead Quake Designer at id Software.
- QuakeFans Website quakefans.net/ Quake|Arena|Indie FPS
- TastySpleen twitter twitter.com/tastyspleentv LATEST NEWS FOR ORGAN GRINDER EVENTS
- Rocket Jump Ninja rocketjumpninja.com/ Mouse & PC periphery Reviews
- TastySpleen Website og.tastyspleen.net/ Organ Grinder Sign-ups
- QUAKE CHAMPIONS steamdb.info/app/611500/ STATS FOR THE GAME
- ORIGINAL 1996 QUAKE | RE-RELEASE steamdb.info/app/2310/graphs/ STATS FOR THE GAME
ON-GOING COMMUNITY PODCASTS:
- QuakeCast quakecast.podbean.com/ Classic Quake & Quake Champions Themed PODCAST
- In the Keep inthekeep.com/ Arena FPS | Immersive SIMs | Retro Shooter Centric PODCAST
- Doom is Dead? doomfederation.com/podcasts/ Partnership between Doom Federation, and In the Keep.
- QuakeFans Radio quakefans.net/category/podcasts/qf-radio/ Live Radio/Podcast by QuakeFans.
Quake Champions BattlePass WEEKLY |DAILY CHALLENGES:
- Weeklies for BattlePass change at 8:00 PM EAST Wednesdays|2:00 AM CEST Thursdays.
- Dailies change at 10:00 PM EAST | 4:00 AM CEST.