Season-12 Week-8 Challenges Live in #QuakeChampions
Good Evening Quakers Season 12 is now in full swing, and today brings us week 8 of our challenges. If you are not already familiar Quake Champions has 4 Seasons a year that also correspond with the Battlepass. Meaning we have 4 10 to 12 week long Battlepasses a year. 27 DAYS REMAIN FOR SEASON 12. Note the right side of the weekly challenges do not open up until you purchase the BattlePass.
In addition the Winter Public Test Server (PTS) is now Live. I’ll leave information about how to participate at the bottom as well as the most recent patch notes.
Incase you might have missed it our newest Patch came out along with Season 12. Check out the Patch Notes Here. Bethesda Blog with Notes: quake.bethesda.net/en/news/4ii1II7x0GWYdL28HEOJ34?utm_source=Community&utm_medium=Social
The Czech Quake Community has made us a BattlePass Challenges Tracker over on their website: www.quake.pub Also check out their Tournament Calendar on the Left of their page. See Photo above.
BATTLEPASS CHALLANGES TRACKER: quake.pub/index.php?Challenges
The Tracker works for mobile devices, and can be filtered with these 4 categories, or a combination; Live | Awaiting Challenges, Free BP | Paid BP, Game-Modes, or finally Weapon used. In order to track your own challenges you will need to make an account with the website at the top right corner (pictured above). Once your account is verified you just have to click on the challenges you have completed.
This is a wonderful tool as we progress further through the weeks it will become harder to keep track of each individual challenge. If you have 2 monitors you may just be able to pop your browser up their to see your challenges, or being mobile friendly you may just be able to view it on your phone. In any case I’ll leave links to the Czech Quake Community’s socials below. Be sure to thank them for all their hard work.
LATEST UPDATE: 1105 NOTES
- FIX: Tracker is now properly filtering challenges for a INSTAGIB and UNHOLY TRINITY.
- INSTAGIB: Display just Rail and Gauntlet, allows you to see global challenges without items and powerups
- UNHOLY: Display UHT Guns, Items and Powerups
Czech Quake Socials:
- YouTube: youtube.com/user/CzechQuake
- twitter: twitter.com/CzechQuake Website Updates Here, Community News, and BP Tracker Updates
- discord: discord.com/invite/xaZN2YX
This week features 2 Challenges for the Game Mode Capture the Flag (CTF) | Deathmatch, so make sure to add them to your Q.
A new set of challenges opens up every Wednesday at 8:00 PM EAST | 2:00 AM CEST. The challenges are broken up in 2 parts. First their week, and then their side left side | right side. The left side consists of the free challenges you can obtain without buying the Battlepass. The right side is accessible after buying the Battlepass. The right side tends to be slightly harder, but gives additional XP as well as shards. Shards can be converted 200 shards = 100 Platinum. You can convert these from the in-game store’s bundle tab at the bottom.
You can Buy the Battlepass for 1000 platinum. Platinum is the Premium currency in Quake Champions. If you are using steam I recommended buying from Bethesda directly at this link: bethesda.net/en/store/product/QUWV01PCBG01BASE
Valve Software takes 30% of all purchases from the Steam platform. The money you buy with platinum goes back to the Quake development project. Just make sure you are logged into your associated Bethesda account, and it should be in their by the time you log into the game. If you are using the Bethesda launcher then just purchase it in game as you normally would.
Once the BattlePass is purchased you’ll need to go this screen, and activate it. It will be where the Season 12 banner on the left is.
The Battlepass itself is separated in 2 rows. The top row is the free version. You can acquire all the items here just by playing the game to level up your Battlepass. The bottom row is unlocked only with the purchase of the Battlepass. This is retroactive by the way. So, if you are at level 50 and decide at that point you want to buy the Battlepass. Everything below level 49 will be added to your account. Keep an eye out for level 30 as that level gives you an automatically applied haste salve which gives you Double XP for 7 whole days. Don’t forget to convert your shards if you are short a few platinum.
There are actually rewards after BattlePass Level 100. From 101 onward rewards repeat as 1 shard per level with a Reliquary Being rewarded every 10th Level until Level 200.
LATEST PTS NOTES:
🔧 Updated collision around doorframes, archways, RL window, MH tp exit windows, recessed walls in NG room, small recessed wall in HA room, doorframe near HA, wall near SNG, walkway above HA, dropdown by TP, more collision work on central archways, and ability clipped the new hole behind MH, at stained glass above HA, above the TB archways (to prevent hiding), near MH tp exit
⚙️ Made the HMG teleporter entrance trigger not as recessed
⚙️ Adjusted player spawn locations & settings
⚙️ Adjusted MH teleporter exit behavior
🔧 Added anti-totem/turret domains up high
⚙️ Moved a hp bubble and removed a breakable near SNG
⚙️ Increased global illumination 5%
⚙️ Increased the amount of light near MH, LG, and RL
⚙️ Brightened light in dungeon
⚙️ Added static lighting at teleporters and jumppads for low/med light users
⚙️ Added etching details to large archways
⚙️ Added scorch marks above wall torches
🔧 Fixed lamp near power-up, that was too close to the surface of the wall
⚙️ Decayed the wall structure behind MH to create more visual contrast
🔧 Fixed debris transparency issues near LG/SNG
⚙️ Texture blending refinements
⚙️ Fixed gaps in meshes
⚙️ Added new podium art
⚙️ Updated skybox art, added some stars
⚙️ Lowered the floating teleporter models to the ground
⚙️ Fixed visblocker issues near TBstaircase to HMG and wall panel near HMG
⚙️ Shotgun – Falloff Distance, reduce pellet damage by 1 for every 6.4 meters (256u). (Minimum 1 dmg per pellet when over 1280u away.)
⚙️ Unified movement & knockback box sizes within weight classes to 0.8m, 0.9m, and 1.0m.
🗒️Anarki 0.9 to 0.8
🗒️BJ Blazkowicz 1.0 to 0.9
🗒️Death Knight 1.0 to 0.9
🗒️Doom Slayer 0.8 to 0.9
🗒️Eisen 0.85 to 0.9
🗒️Ranger 0.95 to 0.9
🗒️Strogg 0.8 to 0.9
🗒️Visor 1.0 to 0.9
🗒️Clutch 1.2 to 1.0 (kb only)
🗒️Keel 0.9 to 1.0
🗒️Sorlag 1.2 to 1.0 (kb only)
The PTS is a Public Test Server that many games come with. It is completely optional to be part of the PTS, and does require an additional download to take part of. The purpose of the PTS for the player is it allows us to preview upcoming skins, arenas, and gameplay changes in general before they are added to the main game. It also doubles as bug testing. In fact all bugs, or issues in the PTS should be put in the official discord here: discord.gg/gSRRbCQQgM In the "public-test-server" channel. If you can you should try and find a buddy to test with. Two heads are better than one. You can find people to party with in the "party-finder" channel of the official discord. Channel Link Here: discord.gg/yPjxKX4k2q
If you want to access, or rather download the PTS you can do this on both Steam, and the Bethesda Launcher quite easily. Just to note though like other PTS downloads you are usually downloading the entire game plus some. The PTS download for Quake Champions is currently just over 30 Gigabytes. Keep that in mind if you want to partake. Things that you accomplish in the PTS version DO NOT transfer over to the main game. That said you can also demo stuff in the PTS that you may not own yet in the main game.
*When first launching the PTS your game may "compile" for a few minutes.
*You may run into an issue where a log in screen pops up. Try relaunching first. Though signing in will also fix the issue.
In steam all you have to do is type in any way of "QUAKE" in your games search bar, and it will pop up as "Quake Champions PTS". It is consider its own "game" so to speak on steam. Just download it as you would any other game.
For the Bethesda Launcher the Quickest way to access it is as followed. Make sure you have the "GAMES" tab selected, and on "My Library" in the drop down menu.
From here just scroll down until you hit your "QUAKE" section, and download "Quake Champions PTS".
Bethesda NET Forums have officially been replaced with discord. DO NOT WORRY as this was completely planned, and its replacements have been up and running for years now really. All Bethesda/ZeniMax forums will now be part of the software APP "Discord" which is probably already part of most gamer’s arsenal. We are very lucky as we are one of the only Bethesda/ZeniMax communities to have an official server completely dedicated to our Game series of choice QUAKE.
Official Quake discord here: discord.gg/Quake
all bugs need to be posted in the "bug-reports" channel under the "QC FEEDBACK" header in the official discord. link to that channel here: discord.gg/uy3VBbd83f Clips, or screenshots of your issue are very useful for the developers.
HAPPY FRAGGING FOLKS, AND WE SHALL SEE EACHOTHER IN THE ARENAS.
HOW TO PLAY QUAKE:
QUAKE CHAMPIONS FREE 2 PLAY
- BETHESDA DOWNLOAD PAGE: quake.bethesda.net/en/playnow
- STEAM STORE PAGE: store.steampowered.com/app/611500/Quake_Champions/
- BETHESDA STORE FOR PLATINUM: bethesda.net/en/store/product/QUWV01PCBG01BASE
- QC COMPATIBILITY TEST: churchofquake.com/trouble-shooting-crash-to-desktop-issues/ IF YOU ARE HAVING TECH ISSUES WITH QC LOOK OVER THIS LINK.
- CHECK OUT YOUR, OR OTHER’S QUAKE CHAMPION STATS: quake-stats.bethesda.net/
CLASSIC 1996 | RE-RELEASE $9.99 | FREE UPGRADE IF YOU ALREADY OWN
- BETHESDA PAGE: bethesda.net/en/store/product/QU1CSTPCBG01
- STEAM PAGE: store.steampowered.com/app/2310/QUAKE/
- HOW TO WATCH the QUAKE PRO LEAGUE e-sport:
- twitch Quake (English) twitch.tv/quake MAIN STREAM
- twitch Quake_2 (English) twitch.tv/quake2 B STREAM
- twitch Quake (Russian) twitch.tv/quakemc_ru
- YouTube Quake (English) youtube.com/channel/UCOMk1WI8dxaCFpJptF6K8_A Sometimes in 4K here
- High Quality VODS get Posted to YouTube for the Quake Pro League e-sports Eventually.
- twitch XBOX (English) twitch.tv/xbox Microsoft Gaming Centric
- twitch Bethesda (English) twitch.tv/bethesda Bethesda/Zenimax Centric
- YouTube Bethesda Softworksyoutube.com/user/BethesdaSoftworks Bethesda/Zenimax Centric
- Quake Champions Category on Twitch: twitch.tv/directory/game/Quake%20Champions
- Quake Champions Category on youTube: youtube.com/channel/UCZvunfF-2v148kQWQWd67Xg
Find New People to Party up With (It Helps Our Q Times)
- Official Quake Discord discord.gg/Quake Find Players in “party-finder” channel|ALL BUGS SHOULD BE REPORTED TO THE QC FEEDBACK – BUG REPORTS CHANNEL.
- Church of Quake discord.gg/qTVK684stc MAKERS OF WIKIS|NEWS|GUIDES|LORE
- Official Bethesda/Zenimax Discord discord.gg/bethesda Replacing Beth.net Forums
WEBSITES | TWITTERS | FORUMS
- Quake Champions Website quake.bethesda.net/en/ Updates | Announcements
- 1996 Quake|re-release Website bethesda.net/en/store/product/QU1CSTPCBG01 Updates
- Bethesda Game Server’s Status bethesda.net/en/status Check out all Bethesda servers
- Steam Community Page:steamcommunity.com/app/611500 Content From Steam
- Quake Pro League Website quake.pglesports.com/ Partnered with PGL e-sports ORG
- CHURCH OF QUAKE WEBSITE: churchofquake.com/ MAKERS OF WIKI|NEWS|GUIDES|LORE
- r/QuakeChampions reddit.com/r/QuakeChampions/ We are Friendly
- Official Quake twitter twitter.com/Quake Latest Quake Series News|e-sport Announcements
- Official Bethesda twitter twitter.com/bethesda\ All Things Bethesda/Zenimax
- Church of Quake twitter twitter.com/church_of_quake Articles Auto twitted Here
- Official id Software twitter twitter.com/idSoftware SACRED GODS
- SyncError twitter twitter.com/SyncError Lead Quake Designer at id Software.
- QuakeFans Website quakefans.net/ Quake|Arena|Indie FPS
- TastySpleen twitter twitter.com/tastyspleentv LATEST NEWS FOR ORGAN GRINDER EVENTS
- Rocket Jump Ninja rocketjumpninja.com/ Mouse Reviews
- QUAKE CHAMPIONS steamdb.info/app/611500/ STATS FOR THE GAME
- ORIGINAL 1996 QUAKE | RE-RELEASE steamdb.info/app/2310/graphs/ STATS FOR THE GAME
ON-GOING COMMUNITY PODCASTS:
- QuakeCast quakecast.podbean.com/e/quakecast-62-john-romero/ / Classic Quake & Quake Champions Themed PODCAST
- In the Keep inthekeep.com/ Arena FPS | Immersive SIMs | Retro Shooter Centric PODCAST
- Doom is Dead? doomfederation.com/podcasts/ Partnership between Doom Federation, and In the Keep.
- QuakeFans Radio quakefans.net/category/podcasts/qf-radio/ Live Radio/Podcast by QuakeFans.
Quake Champions BattlePass WEEKLY |DAILY CHALLENGES:
- Weeklies for BattlePass change at 8:00 PM EAST Wednesdays|2:00 AM CEST Thursdays.
- Dailies change at 10:00 PM EAST | 4:00 AM CEST.