Good Morning Quakers! Quake Champions PUG’s discord will be putting together a Capture the Flag Tournament to bring our Quake year to an end! The festivities will be Starting Saturday December the 17th, at 9 AM Pacific | 12 NOON EAST. You may Sign up until Friday December 16th at 10 AM Pacific | 1 PM EAST.
In addition the Quake Champions PUG’s discord server does feature a pubobot, so if you are looking to practice before the event make sure to stop by. You only need to type “/add”, or /add ctf” in the “qc-pickups” channel under the “TEXT CHANNELS” header. The pubobot will DM you when the Queue so to speak has been filled. Makes playing games a bit easier in Quake Champions.
Shout out to WildManQCC for putting this together for the community again!
Important Links to Follow!
- Rules Page Read Before Signing Up!
- Quake Champions PUG’s discord: Look for the “qc-ctf-tourney-2022” channel
- Toornament Website Page: You can sign a team of 4 up, or solo if you want to be placed in a team. READ ALL RULES FIRST!
- NA arena FPS discord: is being offered as a secondary discord to practice on
- Church of Quake discord: We would love if you joined our discord server as well. We have a bot for our articles, and channels that cater to Quake Lore, player help, fan art, and so much more!
Quake Champions Capture The Flag tournament sponsored by ChurchOfQuake.com!!
Bring Your Own Team, and/or sign up as a free agent to be placed on a pick-up team!
See the RULES page for the Tournament Format including bracket and map picking structure.
ALL PLAYERS FROM ALL REGIONS ALL OVER THE WORLD ARE WELCOME! NA, LATAM, EU, APAC, anything in between, pro or noob, anyone is welcome!
START DATE: Saturday December 17th beginning at 9:00am Pacific Time US (*a second date may be added depending on demand)
Contact the Tournament Admin with any questions: WildManQC (ChimmiChunga#1825)
Prize Pool: PRIZE POOL MONEY WILL BE CROWD-FUNDED! Please donate to the prize-pool to help ensure players earn a great reward for their great effort!
Current Prize Pool: $525
1st Place: 40%
2nd Place: 25%
3rd Place: 20%
4th place: 15%
List of GENEROUS CONTRIBUTORS:
- ChurchOfQuake.com via Old Hickory
Champion Picks / Bans:
- There will be NO CHAMPION BANS throughout the tournament, and players WILL be allowed to switch champions at ANY TIME (no duplicate champions will be allowed, under consequence of map forfeit).
Map Picks / Bans:
- Maps will be PRE-SELECTED each round. See below for more info.
- The teams must play on a server that provides the best possible AVERAGE PING between all players. In case of disputes, the tournament Admin will have the final say.
***NOTE***: Tournament structure is subject to change based on volume of sign-ups
- All teams will get a chance to play each other in a ROUND-ROBIN bracket format.
- Each match will be played in a BO3 format on the Capture the Flag game mode.
- The two teams with the best W/L record will play each other in the GRAND FINALS in a Best of 5 match. The team with the best record in the “bracket play” stage will be granted the higher seed, and will be given a 1 map advantage.
- The next two teams with the best W/L record will play each other in the BRONZE MEDAL match.
- IN CASE OF A WINNING RECORD TIE, high/low seeds will be determined by the accumulated number of flag captures (it pays to be aggressive!)
- Each odd-numbered match round (# 1, 3, 5, 7, etc) will be played on the following maps in the following order:
- Blood Covenant
- Burial Chamber
- Church of Azathoth (tie-breaker)
- Each even-numbered match round (# 2, 4, 6, etc) will be played on the following maps in the following order:
- Ruins of Sarnath
- Tempest Shrine
- Lockbox (tie-breaker)
IF THERE IS ANY CONFUSION, THE TOURNAMENT ADMIN WILL DECIDE WHAT MAP SET WILL BE PLAYED.
- The BRONZE MEDAL: match will be played on the following maps in the following order:
- Tower of Koth
- Longest Yard
- Citadel (Tie Breaker)
- GRAND FINALS: will be one single BO5 match. The top seeded team will start with a 1 map advantage. It will be played on the following maps in the following order:
- = BYE (UPPER SEED 1 MAP ADVANTAGE)
- Tower of Koth
- Longest Yard
- (If necessary) Citadel
- LOSER of the previous map picks (any map that has not yet been played in the grand finals yet
HAPPY FRAGGING FOLKS, AND GOOD LUCK TO ALL THE CONTESTANTS PARTICIPATING!